TOP TEN REASONS TO JOIN THE SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY
COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT FACULTY ASSOCIATION
10. SOCCCDFA is affiliated with NEA, the largest educational organization in the world, plus CTA & CCA.
9. NEA (National Education Association), CTA (California Teacher’s Association) & CCA (Community College Association), actively pursue legislation to promote fair practices for faculty in public educational institutions.
8. NEA & CTA membership includes travel, entertainment and major purchase discounts as well as optional financial services.
7. NEA & CTA memberships each include limited life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
6. NEA & CTA membership includes $1 Million Educators Employment Liability Insurance. It also entitles you to legal counsel and representation in work-related matters.
5. SOCCCDFA represents faculty interests in election campaigns for the Board of Trustees. Election outcomes have a direct effect on overall work environment, compensation, priorities, culture and morale in the District.
4. SOCCCDFA directly assists all faculty in filing contract related grievances.
3. SOCCCDFA negotiates your compensation and working conditions.
2. Becoming a member gives you a vote in all of the above.
1. You are already paying!